Monday, July 17, 2006

Baby Update

Well, I had my first of the fun weekly appointments this morning (all you moms out there know what I'm talking about - exams suck!) and we're getting closer to baby time!

The baby is in position, but I'm not dilated at all yet. On Thursday I'll be exactly one month from my due date. Dr. Roth did assure me that if I don't have the baby by August 11th on my own, that'll be the day I am induced. So, three weeks from this Friday is the latest she'll be here! Now at least my mom can make her flight arrangements and plan to be here right before the baby arrives instead of having to leave so soon after she arrives like she did with Tatum. Who knew I'd go a week over and have a huge baby - now at least we can plan more! I just make sure to remind my doctor at EVERY appointment just how large and in charge Miss Tate was. :)

I'm so excited to be this close to the end - we can't wait to meet the newest Baby Ballard. Tatum knows something is coming, I think. She's really cute about babies (any she can get her hands on - she loves to kiss them) and is extra needy these last couple of weeks. Nothing we can't handle, but she wants one of us around to observe all her tricks and sometimes just to snuggle.

She's going to be a great big sister and I know she'll love having her Grandma Leigh stay with us for a couple of weeks. Hopefully she'll be able to play outside with my mom a lot - it's so hot that I can't really take her out much these days and I feel so bad! This heat is killing me (104 today) so we don't do much besides play inside where it's cool or go to Grandma Tammy's pool (every few days or so).

3 comments:

Audrey said...

I cant wait for your little girl to come! Its crazy that it was yesterday we were all finding out we were pregnant... and now we are waiting for the birth. CRAZY! I hope all is well. Keep us posted!

Fairy Leigh said...

Here we go, baby girl number 2...I cannot believe you are making me a grandmother AGAIN!!! How dare you! Really, I couldn't be happier being grandma to Tatum and ??? Still waiting to know the name:)

Mom/Fairy Grandmother

shannon said...

Me too! I want to know the name of this little munchkin! I feel so bad for you in this nasty heat! You need to frequent Sonic and get lots of slushies...preferably from 2-5pm where they are 1/2 off!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin