Wednesday, December 16, 2009
Today I am greatful for:
Tatum. My first-born, my most stubborn. She's sweet and saucy, cranky and delightful, tender and tough, smart and sassy. She'll charm you with her dimples and smile and shoot you a crusty to beat all. I'm having so much fun watching her grow up into a young girl with ideas and plans and humour and generosity. Plus, she's pretty stinkin' cute.
Traditions. Maybe it's the time of year, maybe it's just me getting older. I love the routine that this time of year brings. I can always count on a holiday party or a family get together every weekend. And, as hectic as it can seem sometimes, I love it. That is, unless tradition continues and my husband has to plow on Christmas Day. That tradition, I could do without.
Television. I've admitted it before, I'll own up again. I love it, my kids watch more than they probably should and I'm okay with that. It gets us through some tough days home. Case in point? I can blog {right now} because they are watching Dora's Christmas Adventure for the millionth time.
Thanksgiving. Another tradition I love. There is nothing yummier than the smell of a turkey cooking all day long.
Thoughtfulness. It really does go a long way. And it is what counts. Like when my girls clean their room because it'll make me happy. Oh wait, that hasn't happened yet. But, when it does, I'll totally appreciate the thoughtfulness.
Temples. I'll stick with my 'tradition' and not get too cheesy Mormon-girl on you here. But anything that lets me be with my family forever is a good thing. If you want to know more, just ask.
Tolerance. I think this is something that's been a part of who I am from day one, thanks mostly to my mama. We can all agree to disagree, but it's not okay to treat each other badly because of said opinions or because that's just 'how you are'. People are all people and our job here is to uplift and help one another. Seems simple enough, right?
Be good to each other.
Be merry.
Labels: favorites
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comments:
So cute. I totally agree with your appreciation of tolerance. Intolerance is a pet-peeve of mine. Sounds like your mom taught you well - I haven't seen her forever, how is she? She's so cute.
Post a Comment