Friday, December 11, 2009
The kids have been begging me to make a gingerbread house ever since we saw some feature on the news about the huge ones they have on display at the Grand America downtown.
So, a compulsive Costco purchase later, we ended up with this.
For the record, I really have no patience for prjoects that involve any kind of building construction using edible goods.
Deciding that I really want to get as many things out of the way that I can before Christmas is actually here (two weeks, people!), I bundled the girls up and we headed out for neighbor gift distribution. I drove to the houses, they ran items to the door.
Basically, it's a cake baked in a mason jar with the recipe for my butter cream frosting on the back. If you enlarge the picture, you can read my cheesy little poem.
Honestly, it took a full hour to deliver 25 items. My daughters moved at the pace of slugs...and complained the whole time. Aparantely it was cold outside.
At work last night, Shanna and I finished up our teacher gifts {and visitng teachers...}.
Again, with the mason jars. I love them, can you tell?
A jar decorated and filled with gumballs {you can't see, but the lid is covered in paper and oh-so-cute}. Just a little thanks for 'chewsing' to teach. Again, you can enlarge to read the poem.
Anyway, I think that'll be it on the project front for the week. Now, we face a weekend of cleaning {ugh}, Christmas parties {three tomorrow} and photoshoots {yay for the Hendricks family!}.
Stay tuned...I might have more surprises next week. You have to see a picture of my Christmas countdown. It's one of my new favorite decorations.
Stay warm!
Labels: Christmas
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






5 comments:
i must say, you're quite creative! Love the ideas in the mason jar! I would never have thought of baking a cake in it! Happy holidays to you!
Wish I lived in your neighborhood. Love the gumball idea. GOnna steal it when my girlies are older and have teachers. Merry Christmas, chick!
So cute and clever. I'm being totally lame this year for gifts, since we are moving this week, and will only have a few days to get settled before Christmas. Ahhh...it came so fast this year! Anyway, your ideas were darling. Good for you for already having them delivered! Your my hero.
I think I just might steal this idea from you! It's adorable!
so cute. man you are so talented. i love it. i love all the ideas that you do. super cute.
thanks again for the pics today.
Post a Comment