Wednesday, September 23, 2009

{fixups and a favorite}

I'm officially hooked on repurposing items I find for little cost or {even} better...free!  So far this week I've finished:

My new message center {to go in my kitchen}



Months will rotate {I've made enough squares for all 12 months}
Dates will rotate {numbers will be moved monthly to the day of the week that they belong on}
Birthdays will be remembered {I'm making a magnet for each person in my family - immediate and extended to siblings, nieces, nephews, grandparents - and that will replace the number magnet on the month of their birthday}

And to think, it all started with a $4 dollar, hideously plain white {w/ spraypainted corkboard} find at a garage sale!

Dresses for the girls{made from super-discounted women's skirts}



And just when you think it can't get any sweeter... 
Stone Ridge Tart Frozen Yogurt.
When a girl can't afford to go to Red Mango every day {ohhhhhh, how I wish I could}, this amazing grocery store find will suffice.  It's so good, people!  Tart yummy flavors - strawberry, peach or blueberry pomegranate.  And lowfat.  If I need an extra something, I put some fresh fruit or a few mini-chocolate chips on top.  Heaven, seriously.



Tuesday was good.

8 comments:

Lindsay said...

Oooh, yum! I might have to give that yummy Stone Ridge yogurt a try! And that calendar is insanely cute!

Unknown said...

ok I am going to try that yogurt asap!!! Cute ideas!

Unknown said...

oh ps this is Jami not courtney

Chelsea said...

cute, evonne! I have a similar project underway, but only same as in it being a message center-ish thing for my kitchen! I'll have to finish it this weekend and post it.

Shanna said...

LOL so I for real hate you! way cute!

Nagels said...

oh you are so crafty...when are you going to teach me :)

how do you do all the fun stuff on your blog?
add links?
(you might also like: those 3 box links)?
changing the fonts?
etc

I don't know anything about those things

Nagels said...

Heidi and I were wondering if you were doing halloween pics on another day other than the 24th?

Família Mundy said...

Hi Evone! Your blog is super cute!!! I know, she turned 1 sept 6th, when people told me it goes by fast, they really meant FAST!!! lol
have a great day!! xoxo

Blog Widget by LinkWithin