Thursday, January 24, 2008

If It's Not One Thing...

...It's Another.

About a week and a half ago Tatum and Hayden both were diagnosed w/ strep throat. Not the best news ever, but manageable. We immediately had them on amoxicillin and they recovered quickly.

Then, to my surprise this past Tuesday morning, Tatum woke up with an awful rash all over her body. I let it go for a few hours to see if it would get better on it's own, but it only got worse. So, I called her doctor's office and was told to take her off the meds and to try Benadryl - in case of an allergic reaction to something. She wasn't itching or miserable, but sure looked the part.

Wednesday morning she woke up 10x worse - her entire body was covered. So, we took her in to the doctor's office and were told that it looked like it wasn't an allergic reaction, but more a side effect of the strep throat. Thankfully, today she's much, much better and the rash is close to gone. She looks in the mirror every morning now to assess her "bumps". She's very proud.

Here's her face Tuesday night. If you can imagine, it got worse before it got better. (Keep in mind how difficult it is to get her to sit still for a close-up shot of her face...she looks goofy)



Two funny Tatum stories to end the post:

Last Wednesday I had a routine doctor appointment with my OB and had to take the girls with me. While we're in the waiting room, Tatum finds it necessary to shout across the room to me, "Mom! I just tooted like daddy!" Already mortified, I tell her to say "excuse me" and she proceeds to ask why, "Daddy doesn't."

Then, at church this past Sunday I smelled something stinky and asked Tate if she'd pooed her panties. Her latest thing is - if she hasn't, she'll offer to show me and if she has, she says I can't see. This particular day - in the middle of Sacrament Meeting - she says that she didn't and then lifts her skirt, pulls down her tights and panties and moons Beau and I to show us how clean her bum is. I wanted to die. But hey, no poo.

Also, a GS update. All is going well - checking my blood 4x a day and trying to maintain the diet assigned. So far my levels are where they need to be, so I'm hoping we'll be good for another 6 weeks or so until baby arrives. But, damn, I want a chocolate soft-serve ice cream cone.

6 comments:

shannon said...

she's a freaking crack up! and that's the same thing that collin had last year when we were in texas...remember? go to my march archive and you'll see. it's actually a strep infection (not associated w/strep throat) and a version of scarlet fever! i'm glad she's all better!

Kimm said...

Tatum is hilarious...such a funny personality!! I did not know you could get a rash from strep throat!!

Julie said...

I so love that she mooned you in Saacrament meeting! What a funny girl. Poor little thing with the "bumps" all over her face. I can't wait to meet her. Only a month and a half till I move there!

Heidi and Judd said...

Hi Evonne, It's Heidi, Shalae's Friend! You've inspired me to become a blogger! Mine just isn't nearly as cute as yours! It was fun seeing you guys on Saturday, your girls are so beautiful! Thanks for the inspration! Keep in touch!

Margaret said...

Hey Prego woman, How you hangin in there? You sound busy and ready for a new Baby boy to arrive. Your girls will love him to pieces! My friend in AZ had to go to 4 different Doctors before they finally diagnosed her daughter right. She had a rash for like 3 weeks before they figured it was related to Strep throat. I had no clue you could get a rash from Strep.
Poor Tatum and Hayden.

Morph This said...

Look at that little face. Poor thing. And yes I am open for business!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin