Saturday, September 02, 2006
Ahhhhh! A quiet moment in the Ballard home is a very nice thing! Beau and Hayden are asleep on the couch and Tatum is down for a nap in her room. I was able to shower, blow dry (and style!) my hair, take longer than 3 minutes to put on my make up and I still have time to post a quick blog! It's funny the small things you learn to appreciate when you have two small kids.
Everything here is great! Today Beau went and registered both of our cars (a little overdue), I picked up my new glasses (two pair for $69, baby!) and we'll be headed to Shanna's house for game night in a little while. It will be nice to hang out with grown up people while the kids play in the basement and go as crazy as they want to (within reason, of course). If I can get some laundry tackled before we head out, I'll feel like I got some good things done today. It helps that Beau has Monday off for Labor Day, too - I always get more done when he's here. One of us to work on a chore, the other to entertain the girls. We go back and forth like that most weekends!
Have I told anyone how addicted I am to Big Brother this summer? I almost always watch it, but I'm battling an oncoming depression when it ends for the season! I know it's trashy, but it's such a fun show to watch. And I never thought, me of all people, would be rooting for the skanky blonde with big boobies to win! Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays are spoken for in our house. Hey, at least it's a show Beau and I actually agree on, right? I just realized that football season starts soon - back to the two TVs. I wonder how that'll work out with Dora on one and football on the other? I'm going to have to find some other hobbies around the house, I fear!
I've got to remember to have Beau talk to Bishop Goffin tomorrow to see what day we can bless Hayden. Once I get that date solidified, I can finish up her announcements and get those out to you all! Her dress turned out so cute - my mom is amazing! She even had enough to make a dress for Tatum out of the same material - it's beautiful!
I guess I should wake Hayden up to eat. I swear, that child would sleep the entire day away if I let her. I wish I could sleep like that! She's such a good baby, though, when she is awake she just looks around and coo's at us all - not much of a crier. Tatum is still being great with her, but now we're working on getting her to stop screaming to get our attention. Happy, sad, bored, mad - everything is accompanied with a scream for some reason. Super Nanny?


2 comments:
Wait - so you mean that the screaming continues even at Tat's age!? We're doomed! I'm almost used to it except when it becomes blood curdling while at the grocery store. good on you making having two babes sound easy! Miss you!
That must have been a treat for you to be able to do your hair! Yea!
Make sure (like you would forget) to send me pictures of my girls in their pretty dresses:)
Tell Tatum that Mamaw can hear her screaming all the way in California! But that's okay, as long as I get to hear her sweet voice also. She's so dang cute!!! Give the girls a kiss for me, and Beau too!
Love you all
Mom/Mamaw
Post a Comment