Thursday, September 14, 2006

Funny Girl, Tatum

So my oldest and most stubborn child has been so funny lately! Three days in a row we've had three really funny instances. Here's the run down:

1) On Monday, after a particularly hairy afternoon with Tatum, I'd finally gotten her to sit on the couch with me to watch Blue's Clues while I fed the baby. My one saving grace was that she had her baby doll and was feeding her a bottle, too. After a few minutes I notice that she's mumbling and I look over to see her folding her arms and talking gibberish with her eyes closed. After about 20 seconds or so, she says "Amen" and looks up at me, very embarrassed that I'd caught her. The cute little bugger was saying a prayer! Who knows why or what it was about, but I laughed so hard. The sad thing is, I can't entirely say she learned that from us - we're not the best family at it lately with Beau's work schedule. However she learned, though, I was a very proud mamma.

2) Making me ALMOST as proud was funny thing #2. I splurged and bought the new Justin Timberlake CD (AMAZING!). For those of you that know me, you know he's my weakness, much to the dismay of my husband. Immediately following my purchase, I opened the CD and began listening to it. Song #2 is called "Sexy Back" and you may have heard it on the radio/TV, etc. recently. Anyway, good dance song - fun stuff. As I'm listening to it I look in my rear view mirror and see Tatum, eyes closed again, full on dancing to the beat in her car seat. Not just bobbing her head, mind you, but full on - arms out flailing - swaying to the music dancing. She was good! And to top it off, when the song was over she says, "Mom. Mom. Mom. Mom." (until I say, "What, Tate?") and then "Back." She wouldn't stop until I replayed the song. We listened and danced to that for 20 minutes in the car before we got to Shanna's house! I love this kid.

3) Last, but certainly not least, was my doing, really but it involved Tatum. We went to the hospital on Wednesday night to see Shanna, Travis and the new baby because Beau ended up having to work late the night before and hadn't seen Kehl yet. As we're getting ready to leave, I notice that I can't find my keys. Locked in the car. So Beau hitches a ride with Travis, who happened to be leaving to go home for the night anyway, and goes home to get his truck and truck keys (with the spare on them). After he leaves, I realize that not only is Tatum stinky, but I've neglected to also put diapers and wipes in my diaper bag. Hayden needed a change earlier in the day when Tate was napping, so I took the diaper bag diapers so as to not wake up Tatum getting the supplies from the girl's room. Bag of diapers on my bed, not my diaper bag. Cottonwood hospital is a good 20 minutes from our house, so we were in for a wait. If the poopy diaper had been Hayden, I could steal a newborn diaper from the baby cart in Shanna's room, but no one had any size 4 or 5's laying around. But they did have the mother pads and mesh underwear in the bathroom! Yep, we fixed Tatum right up by putting a big pad on her and tying the mesh panties on either side of her to keep things in place. Shanna's awesome nurse was my partner in crime. I'm sure the nurse's station had a good laugh watching Tatum walk out of the hospital in her t-shirt, crocs and grown up pad and panties. I was so flustered by the night's events that I forgot to take a picture. Trust me, though, it was amazingly funny.

2 comments:

shannon said...

Darling stories! I love the dancing one especially...Collin's first dance experience was with Aunt Lindsay of course and danced his heart out to Sean Paul's "Temperature" about 6 months ago. It was great! And you know Lindsay was at the store at 12:01am Monday night to get the new JT album...which I will be burning this weekend!

Anonymous said...

Such a good C.D. I have a weakness for that sexy man myself. I love your stories. You are such a fun Mom.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin