Friday, March 25, 2011
Six years that I've been a mama.
Six years, people, that flew by.
On this very day in 2005,
we welcomed
{after an expired due date
and an unexpectedly intense/long labor & delivery}
our first child.
2.5 hours of pushing and without
the help of much epidural power {that's another story},
the room was silent.
Seriously?
I was panicked - something had to be wrong.
She didn't cry, no one spoke to me, shock filled the room.
Something wrong?
Please say something isn't wrong.
Not now.
And then a cry and laughter
and lots of 'I'm so sorry's from the doctor.
Had he known she was going to be 10 lbs 4 ounces,
he never would have made me push that long.
She was chunky and sweet and beautiful.
We survived and in the end brought home
{on Easter Sunday} a wonderful prize,
our sweet little Tater Tot.
She has been a joy and a blessing in our lives
and continues to surprise us every day.
She is ridiculously smart and funny,
a little on the sassy side {sometimes too much},
kind and tough and eager.
She's got these gorgeous blue eyes
that sparkle when she's happy
and could cut through you if she's mad.
She is a great big sister
{I find her 'teaching' the other kids
what she's learned in kindergarten all the time}.
She loves her dad and I often find her
calling him on my cell phone
that she's found laying around , just to say 'hi'.
I can't tell you how many times a day
she says 'I love you, mom'
without any reason other than just because.
And although we have our trials
{we're very much alike and butt heads often},
I know that as we grow together, we'll only grow closer.
I love you, Tatum,
Happy 6th Birthday!
Let's Party!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
So sweet. Happy Birthda cute girl. Hope you get feeling better soon.
SOO cute. Happy Birthday Tatum! What a beautiful picture! She is just absolutely adorable.
happy birthday tatum!!! what a remarkable birthday story she has to tell (and so do you)!!!
she is such a beauty and i love how you described her personality. she sounds like perfection. lucky mama!!!
Love this -- and you're spot on about those eyes!
Post a Comment