Monday, April 12, 2010
I won't lie,
it's been a rough week with this one.
She's a diva.
She's the oldest.
She's stubborn.
She's bossy.
She's a sass.
She's emotional.
She's impulsive.
She's a fighter.
Sunday was the end of a long week
of tantrums and me breaking down
exhausted from it all.
And then today I realized,
I could look at things in a different way.
She's a diva, but she's always entertaining.
She's the oldest, and she is a huge help.
She's stubborn, but she knows what she wants.
She's bossy, but she's not a follower.
She's a sass, and she won't be pushed around.
She's emotional, and she's empathetic and caring.
She's impulsive, but she lives in the moment and without fear.
She's a fighter; she stands up for herself and for others.
And I know, without a doubt, that
I really am lucky to be her mom.
Even if there are days
I want to run away from home
just for a little while.
Here's to hoping this week will be
less dramatic and that I'll have
better perspective.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
I'm sorry your week was so difficult. Here's to a much better week:)
So sorry! I know how fun they are @ least we were given that unconditional love ha!
I love this post! Nice way to turn things around. I hope it's a better week for you. I've been feeling at the end of my rope the last few weeks too. Here's to unconditional love!
you're such a great mama!!! and i unconditionally love her lucious headband!
Ohhh I really needed this post. I have all the same feelings about my Lilly ( the oldest). Love that I am not alone. I love your perspective on it all. I love that they are fighters and I hope it continues when they are in high school and don't take crap from boys.
How sweet. Isn't it the truth? What a cutie you've got on your hands!
Post a Comment