Friday, June 09, 2006

TGIF

Time for a quick update!

This week has been pretty run-of-the-mill for our little family. It has been hot, so Tatum and I spent a day at the pool on Tuesday with Grandma Tammy and Aunt Breena. It was a nice, long, relaxing day - although I think that Tatum enjoys pool time more when the kids are also there - they keep her entertained the entire time! We had talked about meeting up with Shanna and the kids to swim this afternoon, but I'm not sure how the weather is going to cooperate. It was rainy last night and looks pretty dreary right now. We'll see if it clears up, but so far it looks like we'll need to alter our plans a bit.

Last night we had Tiffany's baby shower at Shanna's house. There was a great turnout of guests and we all had a great time. My totally fun game idea didn't quite pan out the way I'd planned, but we managed around it. Tiffany received a lot of really cute gifts - they should now be well stocked for the impending arrival of Baby Girl Ballard. She's due in about two weeks, but she's already dilated and may just go early. We can't wait to meet the babe!

Today I am going down to American Fork to meet with Tesla and our web guy, David, to go over the final changes made to our site, receive some training on site maintenance, etc. Shanna is going to watch Tatum so that I can get down there and focus on work stuff so that I'm not spending twice the time because I have to wrangle her all meeting. After that we'll probably do something with Shanna and the kids (see above).

Oh! And congratulations to Karen and Scott - we just found out yesterday that they are expecting a new baby early next year! Although Brianna and Tatum will be in the same grade, we just missed timing these new two and they'll be a year apart in school. We're so excited for them and can't wait to find out what they are having. My gut says boy, but who knows. My record isn't the best at guessing what other people are having lately. I can, however, pretty accurately predict what I'm going to have - haha - maybe it's mother's intuition? Either way - I know they'll enjoy the new addition to their family!

That should be about it for now. I took this picture yesterday in our front yard. We have a large row of rose bushes right in the middle (planted a long time ago by family living here) and they typically are all a deep burgandy color. Yesterday I was driving in from running errands and realized that there was a huge, light pink rose blooming out of the bushes. It looked so pretty that I had to take a picture. I don't know how unique this growth is (I'm not the gardening expert), but it sure did look cool! Today I may go out and pick some of the roses for inside the house. Last year I didn't clip any and wish I would have - there are so many that I may as well enjoy them both inside and out, right?

Ugh...time to get ready for the day. More later, I'm sure!

Loves.

1 comments:

Fairy Leigh said...

Your yard looks so pretty! I can hardly wait to visit and play with Tatum outside.

Mom

Blog Widget by LinkWithin