Sunday, June 18, 2006

Dad's Day 2006

Hello all - it's been a long time since my last post! I hope this finds you well and enjoying a fun weekend of some kind. We're just winding down from Father's Day festivities and looking forward to an early night's sleep! This probably won't be the longest of posts, simply due to the fact that I'm very tired, so I apologize in advance.

We had a fun time today celebrating with Beau! I was going to post pictures, but for some reason I'm having problems getting them to work with this blog today! They were great and hopefully I can post them ASAP. They show Beau in a new shirt he received as a gift and Tatum in a shirt that I had to get her for the day (it says "My Daddy Loves Me"). The first picture is sweet of the two of them and the second is a not-so-enthusiastic picture of Tate posing with "arms up" to show us what's printed on her shirt. It's so funny - she looks entirely fed up with me and my camera. Attitude runs strong in this one. I'll keep working on the uploading issue. Check back soon for pictures!

Speaking of Tatum, she gave her mamma a slight heart attack this weekend when she fell out of the shopping cart at Old Navy - head first. I seriously almost lost it in the store. Not only did the noise that her little head made hitting the floor scare me to death, but she also had the hysterical crying where she wouldn't breathe going for her, too. Miraculously, she survived without even a bump on her head - it's amazing how resilient kids are. She managed to give me one more minor scare falling down a few stairs later in the day, but again without injury. I will ALWAYS have this child heavily insured, I'll tell you that much!

Now we're just looking forward to another busy week. Tomorrow Beau's softball team has a game at 6pm, Wednesday night I have Bunco, Thursday night I have a party to go to with the girls and hopefully this week sometime we'll be at the hospital for the birth of Shay and Tiffany's little girl!

It's exciting that the group of babies being born is starting so soon - first Tiff's baby, then me (6-7 weeks later, already) and Shanna just a couple of weeks after that! It will be so fun to have little cousins so close in age! If only we knew what Shanna was having - the suspense is killing us all. Okay, maybe me the most - I don't know how she could not know this entire time - I would go bananas. I do give her credit for being so patient, though, she's better than me. It would be fun to have another boy in this family - with all these girls being born, Braeden is going to be surrounded by estrogen his entire life. Step it up, Shanna!

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin