Saturday, April 15, 2006

Pre-Easter Madness

Well, now that I'm up late playing Easter Bunny, I thought I'd take a few minutes to post something other than pictures of Tate! :) (I'm sure those will be up tomorrow after we get some good Easter dress pictures, though.)

Tatum's basket turned out really cute...she's not getting much candy this year because she won't eat it, but we will. I figured better avoided than tempted, right? She's getting the cutest stuffed bunny, bunny ears, a puzzle, Backyardigans bubbles, Peeps, jelly beans, other random candies and the cutest spring outfit (white capris with a yellow floral bandana belt and a yellow puffed-sleeve tee). The other day she found her bag of basket goodies and toys and was playing with them hiding in her room, so I'm hoping that she'll be surprised when she sees her goods tomorrow morning! I have to admit, I do love that she's still little enough that she probably won't even remember that she'd seen the stuff before, though. Beau grew up with the tradition of his mom and dad hiding their Easter baskets and the kids having to search the house for their treats, so we're going to attempt that with Tatum.

Today Beau's extended family (on his mom's side) had their annual family Easter egg hunt and get-together. Tatum and daddy searched, basket in hand, for her allotted 6 filled eggs (each kid gets to find five so it ends up being fair). Being one of the youngest, she was in the first group and got a head start. After finding one egg, she was pretty satisfied so Beau ended up carrying her around looking for more eggs before the big kids took all the easy to find treats. She spent the rest of the day running around the yard with the other kids, exploring and watching the waterfall with her Uncle Shay and swinging with "Uncle" Josh. All in all, it was a great afternoon. Of course, I didn't get anything but video today and I'm regretting it, but tomorrow I'll get pictures of the real Easter - dress and all.

Beau and I just finished up dying eggs for tomorrow's hunt. I'm absolutely exhausted and having a monster of a time getting over this blasted cold or whatever it is. I dread going to sleep because I know I'll wake up more congested than I am now! Speaking of, AHHHH-CHOO! I can't stop sneezing either, I swear. I'm hoping this will pass soon - I spent my whole pregnancy with Tatum stuffed up and it was awful. Of course, if that's my biggest pregnancy pain, I can't complain too much - everything else has been picture perfect. I just know I'm going to have a long winter - I'm already dying of heat at night and it's April. :)

That's got to be it for now - I'm falling asleep as I type and Beau already went to bed. If I don't post sooner, I hope you all have a wonderful Easter tomorrow! Thanks for taking the time to read!

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin