Thursday, August 09, 2012

{card table redo}

Most of our craft day projects go like this:
Someone sees a craft they like
{usually on pinterest}
We all 'ohhh!' and 'ahhh!'
and the wheels start turning.

How can we make this?
{if there aren't already instructions}
and almost always:
How can we modify this to be even cuter?

So a pool play date for the kids

and a crafting in the backyard for the moms it is.

And I know I ALWAYS say this,
but this is one of my faves.

Most of us had old card tables 
{a lot as old as our marriages},
others shopped on ksl.
And one might have even purchased
a new table just to do this craft.
A little trip to the store for our choice
of duct tape, and a project was born.


For this project you will need:
Folding Card Table
Screwdriver
Scissors
Spray Paint {if desired}
Duct Tape {about 2 1/2 rolls per table}


I started with my old table.
Still in pretty good shape, but with some dents and scratches
that would do well with some cover up.

I turned the table upside down
and unscrewed the table top portion from it's base.
I spray painted the metal base of my table, but that's up to you.
{make sure the legs are fully extended when spraying}


While the paint dried on the base,
I got to work on my chevron pattern.
I found that it was easiest to choose a length for each strip
 {I went with 8 inches}
and to start in the middle of the table.
{be sure to have over hang on the sides to go under the table top
so that your tape looks clean and is totally secure}
It will take some time to cut individual strips
to create the zig zag pattern, 
but the end result is totally worth it!


Once you have the middle complete,
build off of that with your other colors, one row at a time.


And there you have it! 


Totally cute 'new' card table.
You can use different patterns,
solid colors, etc. when covering these!
Today we had chevron, stripes, solid tables of one pattern tape, etc.
Whatever your little heart desires.




3 comments:

Lindsay said...

That is such an amazing idea, it turned out great! Wow! I love it! So cute.

Larissa@Just Another Day in Paradise said...

You did that with duct tape...awesome.

Anonymous said...

Clever! Love this idea. Now I wish we hadn't gotten rid of our card table a while back!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin