Wednesday, April 11, 2012

{2 weeks planned}

Okay, ladies.
You asked for it, so here it is.
And now that I think of it,
I might start posting these every couple of weeks.
It will keep me on track, that's for sure.
Planning my meals ahead of time
saves me money and time, I love it!
 
Basically, I find a recipe I want
{mostly Pinterest inspired this round},
make a shopping list based on items that I need
{that I don't already have at home}
and match it up as best I can
with sale items/coupons from that week.
I do make a weekly trip to the store for bread, milk & produce,
but everything else I do in one trip every other week.
 
Obviously, your shopping list will be different from mine
{based on what you have/don't have at home}
so I'm not going to include that.
And you may not want to have the same
dinners that we are having,
so feel free to pick and choose.
 
If this is something you find helpful, let me know.
I plan these every two weeks for my own family regardless,
so I don't mind posting them here at all if it helps!
 
Here we go!
{click on dinner item for recipe link} 
 
Wednesday, April 11th
Steamed Jasmine Rice
Grilled Veggies {cleaning out my fridge!}

Thursday, April 12th
Steamed Jasmine Rice
Serving as lettuce wraps {we'll see how the kids like them}

Friday, April 13th
Pulled Pork Sandwiches
{leftover pork from Thurs & BBQ Sauce on toasted buns}
Fruit Salad

Saturday, April 14th

Sunday, April 15th
Family Dinner {no meal planned @ home}

Monday, April 16th
Green Salad

Tuesday, April 17th
Asian Glazed Drumsticks
Steamed Veggies

Wednesday, April 18th
Green Salad

Thursday, April 19th
Steamed Veggies

Friday, April 20th

Saturday, April 21st
Side Salad

Sunday, April 22nd
Pot Roast
{use your favorite recipe}

Monday, April 23rd
Shepherd’s Pie
{put all leftover pot roast meat, veggies & gravy
in a baking dish, cover with mashed potatoes
and a little shredded cheese and bake through}

Tuesday, April 24th
Steamed Veggies

2 comments:

The J J Glenn Family said...

Dang Mama you go! I love this. I try to do the same thing, but fail every other week. ha! I love when I do it though. Hey California girl where is all the Mexican food???? We eat MExican just about twice a week. ha! Love your Menu. I have been wanting to try the coconut chicken strips. Let me know how you like it. Just start a recipe blog like me so I can see what you like and don't like.

Cami Jo said...

Awesome idea! Keep them coming! I've been trying to do better at planning my meals again and I LOVE having your ideas to take from!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin