Sunday, April 08, 2007

Happy Anniversary to Us!

Just a quick shout-out to my husband of three years today! He was such a good sport playing along with my surprise date on Friday night. Happy Anniversary - I love you!!!


About a month ago I planned to have Brie come and stay overnight with the kids and I booked a room at the Anniversary Inn. I told Beau that she was going to come over and watch the kids for us while we went to dinner to celebrate our anniversary early (with it being on Easter Sunday, it was the best time to do it on Friday - crazy weekend!). Shanna has an anniversary around the same time, so once she caught wind of my idea, she wanted in. Booked her own room and Brie was set to watch all five kids.

So we went separately to dinner and met back at our house for a "surprise". We made the boys wear blindfolds and we drove them to the hotel, only allowing them to open their eyes once inside the lobby. We had to check out each other's rooms, of course!

Here they are, in all their blindfold glory (please note that Beau has on Tatum's "Hi-5" blindfold that came with her jammies for her birthday):




And here are pics of our rooms. We had the "Phantom of the Opera" suite (Beau is slightly obsessed with the soundtrack as of late, so I thought I'd reserve one in honor of him). Our jetted tub was set in the catacombs and so relaxing!!! Shanna and Travis had the "Jackson Hole" suite. Covered wagon and all. Breakfast brought to your room, sparkling cider and cheesecake waiting for you upon check in - it was great!

It was such a fun outing - I recommend to all! Plus, who could turn down a night without having to put kids to bed and the ability to sleep in?!?!?! We loved it!

5 comments:

shannon said...

adam did the same thing to me back in november! i love the anniversary inn...those beds are so comfy and the cider and cheesecake are so yummy. congrats to the both of you!

James Yvonne and Elise said...

Happy Anniversary! I can't believe it has already been 3 years. It sounds like you had a great time.

Lisa Danielson said...

How fun! What a great idea! That blindfold is so funny!

Mands Glenn said...

I love it! What a blast. I have never even heard of this place. Beau is such a good sport with the little girl blind folds.Sounds like you guys had fun.

Anonymous said...

I don't know if you are still having tantrums leaving her at daycare in church but I am taking a class and separation is the current topic. Here are some tips in the book:

Don't just try to sneak out..that leaves trust issues.
Some children are comforted by a transition object..such as a stuffed animal or object from home. Could even be your purse (take wallet with you of course!)

and Don't hurry the process! Get there early if you have to so you aren't rushed to get out.

Hope this helps!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin