Sunday, December 17, 2006
Yesterday was the annual Grow Family Christmas party. We had a great time seeing family (Beau's Dad's side) that we hadn't seen in awhile. And enjoyed a visit from a special visitor - just in from the North Pole. Well, correction, some of us enjoyed the visit. Check out the pictures to see how it all went down...
Here is Hayden, sweet as can be, calm and peaceful in Santa's lap. She got some soft blocks to play with and is already enjoying them a lot at home.
Here is Shantell, the vetran of the group, posing obedientely for the camera. She got a Polly Pocket toy. Shanna and I had been at the store buying their gifts for this party and asked her which one "Tatum" would like. She picked this particular one and when she opened it said, "Hey! This is the same one Tatum is going to get!" I think I may have to buy one to keep the illusion of Santa alive one more year. :)
Here is Braeden, so excited to go open his gift that I barely got the chance to snap a picture. He got one of those fly wheel toys, which he and Uncle Beau enjoyed for quite awhile that afternoon. Beau loves Braeden's gifts the best - I should just start buying him toys and call it good.
Here's little Kehl, sweet as can be with his little man shirt and adorbale little nose (it's my favorite thing!). He got some baby cars to play with his big brother. I'm sure his dad will play along, too!
Here is Jakelle, a little confused by it all, but still in good spirits sitting on the lap of a man she doesn't know. :) She got the movie "Cars" - a good start to her own movie collection (her mom and dad have quite the selection already)!
And then it was time for the most questionable of reactions. Would she or wouldn't she? All started well when Santa walked in the room - we sang Jingle Bells and she said "Santa!" when he walked in. But she wouldn't get close enough for me to even take a picture of them together.
Oh well, maybe next year. She did, however, totally enjoy her new "puppy" - we got her a little stuffed lap dog that comes in a carrying purse and has a leash, feeding bowl and magnetic bone. She's been wanting a dog, but this might be the closest she gets for awhile.
I think I'll forego the trip to see Santa at the mall this year...


2 comments:
Uh oh...traumatized for life! j/k I love that she was so freaked. I can totally relate! I had some weird Santa visits myself. Hang in there Tatum! :)
that's hilarious! poor girl...in a few years i am sure she'll look back and wonder what she was so scared of! better luck next year!
Post a Comment