Monday, July 27, 2009

{l is for the way}


Today I am grateful for:

Layne. My most favorite little guy ever. If you know him you know that he's cute as hell {duh}, all boy, a climber, a snuggler, a sleeper. He's got a smile that will melt your heart {with all of his randomly grown teeth - he now has one of he eye teeth in on the top}, a laugh that will make you feel joy and lots of love to give. I can't imagine our family without him.

Lip Gloss. If you're feeling ugly, try a little of this on. Usually helps. Just make sure you buy the right kind. I'm a sucker for the Victoria's Secret brand - fruity!

Leigh Lapine {double Scattegory points, peeps}. My mama! I am so grateful that she's my mom. We're such great friends; she gives awesome advice and is always willing to listen to me and is almost always available by either phone or email. She saucy, independent, intelligent, thoughtful and generous. The only thing that would make her better is if she lived closer! :)

Lunch Dates. I don't get to have them as often as I'd like {lunch with friends AND I don't have to make a meal? Bonus!}, but I really do enjoy meeting up with friends or family over a mid-day meal. Even better if it's somewhere my kids can run around: play place, the park, the pool, etc.

Lisps. There is something so endearing about them. I'm sure they're not as exciting if you're the one with the lisp, but I totally enjoy them. Mostly on little kids. Both of my girls have lost a bottom tooth {yes, we have all the luck} and, Hayden especially, lisp through a few words and phrases. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't ask Hayden to sing the theme song to "Scooby Doo". It's hilarious.

Thee you back here on Wednesday.
p.s. Go Ed!

2 comments:

Cami Jo said...

I think lisps are adorable too, on kids that is. Good list. I love to read these posts!

Lindsay said...

Yeah, seriously - Go Ed. And we should totally do a Red Mango run and let the kids play at the park next door - it's a pretty routine thing for me lately! If you're into frozen yogurt & fruit - it's a must! Anyway, fun list!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin