Tuesday, July 07, 2009

{c is for cookie}

Today I am grateful for:

California. I miss the weather, my family, the diversity, the beach, Disneyland... I am, however, equally grateful for Utah (check back in a few weeks).

Chocolate. I mean, because really, who isn't?

Children {mine especially}. I love to see them happy! Today we went to the pool and I was so elated to see the looks on their faces as they went down the water slides alone, stood under huge buckets of dumping water with out a held hand, explored the kid zone with their friends, played on the shallow beach and enjoyed each other's company. For every moment that I have of frustration, there are fifty more that are so joyful. I have rad kids.

Cartoons. Since we're being totally honest here, I love cartoons for a totally selfish reason. Cartoons are my cheapest babysitter. And to those of you who don't use the tv as a sitting service, good on ya. I just happen to have various moments in the day that I need my kids distracted quickly. Noggin takes care of that without fail. But don't you fear...I am not exclusive with my child care options. I send them outside for a good chunk of the day, too. :)

Creativity. I love when I find a new project to try or interpret. I love creating things. I love giving things away. I love the finished product. I just need more time to work on all of the things I have planned in my head!

Cell Phones. I wouldn't know how to get a hold of any of you {besides email, facebook, blogs, etc. of course} if I lost mine. It's my lifeline to grown-up land in an otherwise mommy day. Plus, I love the security I have knowing that no matter where I am {within reason, of course}, I can get a hold of someone should the need arise. But I hate texting. Seriously.

Made my daily deadline with 48 minutes to spare.
Boo-Yeah.
p.s. Jillian has redeemed herself. Last night's episode was awesome! I'm officially team Ed to the end.

1 comments:

Kim and Chet said...

Oh my heck...with you on the cartoons and cell phones. I had a dream last night that I lost my phone and I was going NUTS without it...haha

Blog Widget by LinkWithin