Monday, October 23, 2006

Napping...Tatum Style

Lately I've found it difficult to get Tatum to go down for a nap. Heaven knows she's tired when the whining and the tantrums rear their ugly heads, but she fights laying down like no other lately. I've been forced to tuck her in and shut the door to let her scream it out most days in the past week or two. Typically, she's asleep before 2 minutes are up, but some days she's more reluctant.

Sunday was a particularly hairy day for nap time. After about 15 mintues of solid screaming...silence. I cracked open the door so that when she woke up she could come out on her own, but didn't really get a good look in the room. After about an hour, we were getting ready to go to Beau's grandma's house so I went in to wake Tate up. For a split second I began to panic - she wasn't in her bed! There was, however, a big clump of soft blankie peaking out from under Hayden's crib. I carefully pulled the blanket away to find my little munchkin sound asleep underneath.

Waking her up was even more difficult because in her sleepy daze, she had a hard time figuring out where she was and how to get out. I guess "bed" really is where you lay your head!

Enjoy the pics!

2 comments:

shannon said...

that is so funny...poor girl though when she woke up. I love little kid sleep face though. it's priceless!

Anonymous said...

OHhhhhhh. . . . I love it! I can only imagine the panic when you open the door and she wasn't in her bed. So glad that little blankie was sticking out.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin