Monday, October 16, 2006
We found a house! On Saturday, Beau and I spent the day looking and stumbled upon this one with our realtor, Megan. We had scheduled time to go and look at it, but found out there were offers already being made (it was on the market since Friday afternoon). Even though we knew it was a long shot, we decided to go and take a look (everything else was coming up short of our expectations).
Tatum had a great time playing with the owner’s daughter that was just a few months older than her. We talked a little and got the grand tour of the house and said our thanks and goodbyes. Because final offers were being made that afternoon, we had to make a quick decision. We gave it a shot and put in our offer, not knowing what the other bids would be. Apparently we weren’t the highest offer, but the owner chose ours because of the good report our family had with theirs. It was nice to hear – we loved the house!
Anyway, it’s older but so perfect for our little family! We were so happy to find something this spacious and clean in our price range. Now we’re in the process of the funding and all the fun stuff (ugh!), but if all goes as planned we’ll be in November 1st! Wish us luck – it’s going to be a busy couple of weeks. I’ll be sure to update. Here are a few pictures from the online listing (keep in mind, we’ll be doing some painting, etc.)…
This is the front view of the house. Not much to describe – it pretty much says it all.
This is the living room (both pictures). It’s a great big room that also connects to the dining room, giving us lots of open space. Something we REALLY lack right now.

This is the dining room and kitchen. The biggest downfall for me with this house is the size and color of the kitchen. It’s actually bigger than it looks in this picture because off to the right is the fridge and pantry (cut off). Before we move in, we’ll be painting these rooms. Who thought this color was pretty? Scary.

Here is the master bedroom. Again, it’s nice and big, but needs a tiny bit of work (mainly, new window treatments!). Our new big bed and dresser will fit in this room so much better than they do in ours now.
This will be Tatum’s room.
And this will be Hayden’s room. We’ll need to paint her room as well (it’s blue right now), but no huge rush on that – we’ll do that after we move in.
There is a huge finished basement with a full bathroom, two more bedrooms, a large living room and an office area. Lots of room for the Ballards to grow into!
It's always hard to get a real feel for a house when other people's stuff is still in there. I'll post more pictures when we have ours moved in!

9 comments:
Ego - congrats on the house hunt. We too are in the process...and what a process it is! :) November 1st - a busy couple of weeks is a major understatement! But you're organized and so hopefully it should be a smooth transition. Where is the house located? Congrats to you and all the Ballards!
Awesome! I love the expanded window's in the girls rooms. I'm so excited for the Ballard's and can't wait to see your great decorating ideas. I so wish I was there to pick up a brush with you!
Angie - Good luck to you, too then! Here's to hoping you find something amazing! Our house is located in West Jordan, just abotu 5 minutes from where we are now.
Nan - Can't you make a trip out to help me decorate? :) Can't wait to get in and get to work. We need to have another anual Christmas dinner there!
Miss you both tons!
So happy for you guys...you deserve it!
But I still want to know where the Mother in law cottage is?????
Don't worry, Beau, I'm really just kidding.
Love you all, lots!
Mom/Mamaw
Oh, Manda, I have a better idea...let's all move into the basement so Evonne and Beau won't feel lost in that big house! Wouldn't that be a great idea Evonne? You really don't need all that space, right?
hehehehehehe
Mom
Hey, any of you lovely people out there are welcome to stay with us!
One rule - B.Y.O.B. (bed)
We're in short supply (unless you can curl up in a crib).
Darling, I love it! The space is great. I am totally willing to watch the girls while you paint. After painting 16 rooms in our home, I refuse to paint ever again...but I can sure entertain some kids!!!
Evonne- I am so happy for you and Beau!!!! I am a good painter so holla if you want help. I can't figure out why you would want to paint over the dusty rose walls????
Congratulations!
Congrats on the new house!! What a great space! It's so fun decorating and so much work! Hope you are doing well and we need to get our little ones together!!
Post a Comment