Monday, August 17, 2009

{puttering along}


Today I am grateful for:
Politeness. This one kind of goes without saying. But if you are saying, please have it include a please, a thank you, a smile...something polite. It really does go a long way.
Pancakes. Damn you, Teresa Boswell for making the IHOP recipe at Bear Lake. I'm fatter just thinking of them.
Parenthood. I know I complain often about the mundane day-to-day tasks involved in my full-time job, but I really do love being a mom. I love a morning hug, a good night kiss, an inside joke, little art projects, 1st talks in church {Tate did awesome!}, learning new things, being excited for the small stuff. Being a mom is awesome.
Patience. Something I lack quite often, but something I cherish in others. I am so grateful for the people in my life that exercise patience daily. I'm a work in progress and am learning along the way and knowing that other people are okay with that and supportive of the things I do really makes me feel special. And, as I learn to master this trait more, I hope that I can do the same for others.
Peace {and see the next post for...Quiet}. Kinda like right now. Hear that? Nothing!

Photography. I really feel like I've found my passion. Weather it turns into something full-time or not {busy so far...fingers crossed!}, doesn't matter. I am so happy when I capture a unknowing look on one of my kids faces, or a belly laugh from Beau.
Photoshop. Along with the prior list item. There are so many fun things you can do, from a simple color correction, to fun actions, to smoldering black & whites. Logos, posters, fliers, party invitation, baby announcements, Christmas cards...the possibilities are endless.
Pillows. I've said it before, and I'll say it again. So happy to not be a pioneer. I love a good pillow. On a good bed. With clean sheets.
Pregnancy. Call me crazy, but I really love being pregnant! Obvious pros being that you can be fat for a reason, eating with fewer restrictions, always getting a good seat, back rubs from your husband, the best parking spot at the grocery store, etc. I just like how I feel pregnant. I feel prettier {weird, I know}, my hair is thick, my nails are strong. And the end result is without compare. I mean, come on! Who doesn't love a brand new baby?
Wouldn't it be funny if this was me telling you I'm knocked up again?
I'm not.
{Thank Goodness}

4 comments:

hub of the house said...

how many kids do you hope to have?

Evie B. said...

Three ;) As of today, three is just right.

I may change my mind and opt for four, but not for a few years...we'll see how my sanity is at that point! :)

Shanna said...

No I'd kill you cuz Id probally be pretty close to the last to find out!

teresa and the boys said...

I don't believe I've ever been damned in a blog before. My life has reached it's pinnacle.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin