Wednesday, January 16, 2008

New Speedbump

So how could a doctor instill delivery fear into a girl who has already delivered two relatively large-and-in-charge babies successfully?

Two words...Gestational Diabetes.

Yep, you read it right. I "lucked out" the third time around. He says to me, "Well, the good news is, we'll for sure be taking this baby a little early."

No crap. Remember me delivering a 10+ lb baby and having to beg you to take the second early? Remember the second coming almost two weeks early weighing in at near 9 lbs? Remember how the standing rule is that we take all of my babies early now? Jogging your memory at all? Okay, let's add on some more poundage to make the third time a charm and see how happy this girl is pushing for 2 1/2 hours again...

Is this what friends and family will see when looking through the window of the nursery to check out the newest member of our family? I'm sure it'll be a little different - our kids tend to have hair! :)



So tomorrow I meet with a dietitian to see if we can't keep this under control. Supposedly they'll be having me prick my finger daily to check on my levels, too.

Just a few more weeks. Just a few more weeks. Just a few more weeks.

9 comments:

Audrey said...

I still cant believe how fast this pregnancy has gone by. I swear it was yesterday you were saying you were pregnant. :( Probably not so fast for you. Good luck on the next few weeks. I wish you a healthy,"smaller" baby. But your BIG girls have always been so cute and chunky. What would you do with a tiny newborn?? :)

Beau & Lenette said...

oh I am so sorry! I know you and that little baby will be fine. I can't believe the rolls on that baby, Kerrigan is a month old already and she still doesn't have rolls! just a few more weeks, just a few more weeks :)!

jami said...

Hey I am so sorry to hear that, but now you can come early!! Let me know on the people and dates for the shower so we can get going on it.

Mands Glenn said...

Girlfriend, so sorry. Hope everything works out and you and baby boy Ballard are healthy. Okay, so who's baby is this in the picture? I love the arm rolls. I totally miss you. Can't wait for your little guy to get here. You will be in my prayers. love ya

Kimm said...

YVN..Your a trooper!!

Chelsea said...

oh my gosh, I think we should have your baby shower AFTER he's born so you can actually enjoy the treats at it. How silly the dr's don't just say, "k, he's all developed now and weighs 10 lbs - maybe we were off on our due date" - wouldn't that be lovely!

Lisa Danielson said...

You poor thing! I had gd with Ty and it totally sucked. Just realizing how much sugar is in everything even milk!! Good Luck sister!

Margaret said...

That baby in the picture broke a world record for coming out at 17 pounds. right? The mother said "I just ate potatoes and bread" So thats the first thing that I would cut out of your diet.Your baby looks small according to the baby floating around in the strogly bowl.

Sweetie,You'll do fine!I love Chubbie babies! They are thee best! The bigger the better!
You go girl~Good luck!

Kim and Chet said...

Wow...sorry to hear that. Good thing is that Shanna can understand and help you through it. I can't even begin to imagine cutting down sugar and sweets out of my diet...I think I would die!!! Good luck with everything. I'm sure you will do fine. My BF had it with her last 2 and those babies all ended up being smaller than the pregnancies where she didn't have GD.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin